The first floor, houses the N.S.U.S.D. of 1812 Memorial Library, which contains many holdings on genealogical research and scholarly studies on the War of 1812 period. The second floor of the new building, occupies the 1812 Museum. It is an exceptional facility dedicated to the 1784-1815 time period.
In 1997, the property was placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.