Welcome to the Oklahoma State Society
National Society United States Daughters of 1812
For more than a century, the members of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812, have dedicated themselves to patriotism, preservation of documents and relics, and education.
The U.S.D. of 1812, founded in 1892, is a volunteer women’s service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving and increasing knowledge of the history of the American people by the preservation of documents and relics, marking of historic spots, recording of family histories and traditions, celebration of patriotic anniversaries, teaching and emphasizing the heroic deeds of the civil, military, and naval life of those who molded this Government between the close of the American Revolution and the close of the War of 1812, to urge Congress to compile and publish authentic records of men in civil, military, and naval service from 1784 to 1815 inclusive, and to maintain at National Headquarters In Washington D.C., a museum and library of memorabilia of the 1784-1815 period.
The Oklahoma Society U.S.D. 1812 was organized on March 4, 1914. Organizing President was Mrs. George B. Wine. The Society was disbanded in 1921 during the administration of Mrs. C. H. Baker. The Oklahoma Society was reorganized in 1924 by Mrs. Frank N. Korn. Since that year, Oklahoma continues to grow in service to the National Society.
“Blue and Grey”
“Preserving the Past and Protecting our Future”