** Policy **
U.S.D. of 1812 applications and supplementals are property of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812. Under no circumstances should they be redistributed to others, sold, digitally published or posted in any form whatsoever. Their sole purpose is for personal use in aiding the membership process or as a tool in helping genealogical efforts.
NOTE: Members of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812 reserve the right to request that copies of their applications or supplementals not be shared. The National Society will honor such requests. To protect the privacy of our members, the first page of all application record copies will be removed.
All record copy fees are non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made.
Instructions for Ordering Record Copies
Please provide as much information as possible. Searching our Ancestor Database can help you with this. Each War of 1812 ancestor is listed with a member number (MBR). Due to privacy reasons, member names are not included. By providing the member number, it will greatly help the Memorial Library locate the correct record.
- Fill out one copy of the Library Service Request Form (see button below) for each record you wish to order.
- Send the Library Service Request Form to the Librarian National per the contact information provided on the form. DO NOT send payment with the form.
- The Librarian National will contact you to confirm receipt and provide the estimated amount due.
- Once you receive the amount due, POSTAL MAIL a copy of the form with a check payable to Treasurer National N.S.U.S.D. 1812 per the mailing instructions on the form.
- Copies will be mailed to you after your payment has been received.